WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE SENIOR SECTION?
The Senior Section is one of the golf club’s constitutional sections. It is known as “The Willmotts” in honour of Charles Willmott who helped to construct the course and served as club professional from 1914-1956. His bust is displayed in the foyer.
Involvement in this Section’s competitions and events is open to all male club members of age 55 years and over.
Roll Ups take place every Monday and Thursday morning for Casual/Social golf normally arriving before 08.00.
Medals and Stableford competitions are held between March and October - all qualifying for handicap adjustment. All of these events are played off the yellow tees.
Fixtures. Home and Away matches against other prestigious clubs and mixed competitions with, and against, The Ladies. An annual match is played against the Club.
All events and competitions are available on the club’s web site. (Intelligent Golf) As well as golf, The Section promotes social events and makes donations to charities.
EVENTS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
• Qualifiers for Handicap Change. Six Medals and other Stableford competitions (March to October) There are two divisions for prizes. Entry is via Intelligent Golf.
• Roll ups every Monday and Thursday mornings all year round at 08.00
• Annual match against The Ladies
• Two Mixed Texas Scrambles
• Matches against other prestigious clubs. Entry for sign up is via forms posted on the notice board or via the club’s web site or via email.
• Annual match against the Club
• Other non-qualifying competitions
• A mixed golf mini-break at a hotel of the Captain’s choice.
• Ladies Night dinner and dance
• Three knock out competitions – singles & pairs throughout the summer and pairs in the winter months.
As required by the Club’s Constitution, The Seniors’ Committee consists of: The Captain, Vice-Captain, Hon Secretary and Hon Treasurer plus immediate past Captain and one new elected member (Vice-Captain designate for the following year).
The Senior Section is self-supporting from entry fees, maintain their own audited accounts and present an Income and Expenditure Account at the Willmotts AGM.
A Seniors’ AGM is held each year when members can formally contribute and propose new people for the Treasurer and Secretary roles.
There is a small entrance fee for all competitions and there are set meals after some events.
Most events have prizes for individuals and, in some cases, for teams.
Contact details for 2019:
Seniors’ Captain: Rod Kupczyk
M: 07500 736 222
Seniors’ Secretary: Jim Gales
M: 07741 487 505
All senior male club members are welcome to participate.