Our founder members were Messrs. Tarver, Pettit, Walker, Harris, Needham and Stonbridge.
The original 9 holes were designed by Sandy Herd in 1912 and constructed by Charles Willmott who remained as the Club Professional for 42 years. The Course was opened for play in May 1914.
Four well known professionals were invited to play an exhibition match on the opening day. They were Sandy Herd, Ted Ray, Tom Ball and B. Batley. The lowest score of the day was returned by Tom Ball with a score of 68 for 18 holes.
Further information can be found in an article displayed on the Woburn Sands History website.